Employee Engagement and Retention
Updated: Oct 4, 2022
MGMTinsight has the tools and experience to assess your employees’ job satisfaction. We can conduct "Stay Interviews" (interviews with your employees to understand both why they stay with you and why they might leave) and we offer a Workplace Assessment Tool to see where your gaps are and where you need to focus your efforts to retain employees.
“There still continues to be a tremendous amount of churn in the job market”, states Erica Groshen, an economist at Cornell University and a former head of the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The labor market continues to create many new job openings. This means there are multiple opportunities for employees to find another place to work besides your company.
Talent-focused organizations know that people are their greatest asset. Engaged employees perform better. Your company wants to attract and keep valued, motivated employees because it's so much less expensive to keep the people you have than to go through the painful process of attracting, hiring, and training new personnel. An assessment of how current and potential employees view your company can be a valuable resource.
There are many words and concepts never before associated with the workplace until recently. Expectations of work evolved over time as norms change and new people enter the job market. We are in a new era with different expectations of what jobs mean to our employees. These terms reflect their thoughts about where and how they work.
● Culture: The character and personality of your organization. It's what makes your business unique and is the sum of its values, traditions, beliefs, interactions, behaviors, and attitudes. Workplace culture is demonstrated by the leadership, management, workplace practices, policies, and its people.
● Work Life Balance: The division of one's time and focus between working and family or leisure activities.
● Equity: Fairness of treatment and the trust that everyone has an opportunity to succeed.
● Inclusion: The process of providing every member of an organization with equal access to professional resources and opportunities.
● Engagement: How employees feel about their organization based on their perceptions of their workplace, team members, and management.
● Well-being: This includes both physical and mental states of employees while at work.
● Employee Satisfaction: The key to attracting and retaining talent in your organization. All the factors above impact employee satisfaction.
MGMTinsight can assist you with staying up-to-date with new, effective practices in the hiring process, talent management, HR, and so much more.
Contact us today for more information.